Huge acquisitions are being made one after the other — especially in the semiconductor industry, lately. On Monday, Intel announced a $16.7 billion all-cash acquisition of Altera, the second major deal in the sector in less than a week: Just a few days ago, Avago Technologies agreed to pay $37 billion in cash and stock for Broadcom.
In the chart above, take a look back at 10 of the most important tech acquisitions in the past 15 years, from Facebook’s $22 billion acquisition of WhatsApp last year to the HP-Compaq merger back in 2001.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022