Huge acquisitions are being made one after the other — especially in the semiconductor industry, lately. On Monday, Intel announced a $16.7 billion all-cash acquisition of Altera, the second major deal in the sector in less than a week: Just a few days ago, Avago Technologies agreed to pay $37 billion in cash and stock for Broadcom.
In the chart above, take a look back at 10 of the most important tech acquisitions in the past 15 years, from Facebook’s $22 billion acquisition of WhatsApp last year to the HP-Compaq merger back in 2001.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time