Fifty Shades fans eager to get into the head of the books’ mysteriously sexy bondage enthusiast will now have the chance: EL James has written a version of the novel from Christian’s perspective and it will be released this summer.
James announced on her social media accounts that the book, titled Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey as Told by Christian, will be published on June 18 — in honor of the character’s birthday. According to an announcement from Vintage Books, James writes in Grey that the book “is dedicated to those readers who asked…and asked… and asked… and asked for this.”
“Christian is a complex character and readers have always been fascinated by his desires and motivations, and his troubled past. Also, as anyone who has ever been in a relationship knows, there are two sides to every story,” James said in a statement. “It’s been a great pleasure to return to my happy place-writing, being with Christian and Ana in their universe, and working with the fantastic team at Vintage.”
The film version of the first installment of James’ trilogy came out in February, and the next two, Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed, are due out in 2017 and 2018, respectively.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.