Fifty Shades fans eager to get into the head of the books’ mysteriously sexy bondage enthusiast will now have the chance: EL James has written a version of the novel from Christian’s perspective and it will be released this summer.
James announced on her social media accounts that the book, titled Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey as Told by Christian, will be published on June 18 — in honor of the character’s birthday. According to an announcement from Vintage Books, James writes in Grey that the book “is dedicated to those readers who asked…and asked… and asked… and asked for this.”
“Christian is a complex character and readers have always been fascinated by his desires and motivations, and his troubled past. Also, as anyone who has ever been in a relationship knows, there are two sides to every story,” James said in a statement. “It’s been a great pleasure to return to my happy place-writing, being with Christian and Ana in their universe, and working with the fantastic team at Vintage.”
The film version of the first installment of James’ trilogy came out in February, and the next two, Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed, are due out in 2017 and 2018, respectively.
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases