Kim Kardashian announced on Sunday’s Keeping Up With the Kardashians that she and hubby Kanye West are expecting a second child. The news immediately began trending on Twitter and, because the couple named their first daughter North, the “South West” jokes became impossible for the Internet to resist — briefly even outtrending the name Kim Kardashian.
Direction jokes were the low hanging fruit.
Netizens also jumped on a certain American airline company.
And believe it or not, there was the occasional outside-the-box “South West” joke. Sort of.
“Wild” was offered up as a potential first name.
And well, umm, maybe the pun was lost.
But of course, it wouldn’t be Twitter without a bit of snark.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State