Spelling complicated words for the Scripps National Spelling Bee is hard enough, as this year’s co-champions Vanya Shivashankar and Gokul Venkatachalam know. But if we give you the spelling, can you guess tricky words’ meaning by looking at them? We rounded up some of the hardest words from the 2015 bee to test you.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving