While TLC has not yet announced whether it will cancel 19 Kids and Counting in the wake of the Josh Duggar scandal, the network may be considering a spinoff of the show.
After it came out that the oldest son in the Duggar family had molested several girls, including some of his own sisters, while he was a minor, many called for TLC to cancel the show. The network responded by removing reruns from its current scheduling. But sources tell Deadline that a spinoff may be the solution. Discussions seem to indicate that the show could focus more on Josh’s sister Jill and her new husband Derick Dillard, whose wedding broadcast brought in blockbuster ratings for the network last October.
The network would not comment on a possible spinoff to Deadline.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart