Lenovo has unveiled a new smartphone that doubles as a laser projector.
The Smart Cast features a built-in projector that can cast images large enough to turn a wall into a movie screen. The device also recognizes hand gestures, so users can cast a keyboard on a flat table and type away.
In a video demo, Lenovo showed off the Smart Cast being used to play music on virtual piano keys displayed on a tabletop and to slice through the mobile game Fruit Ninja on a wall.
No word yet on a price or release date for the device, which is just a concept product for now. While other smartphones have sported built-in projectors before, the Smart Cast uses a different projection technology, Engadget reports.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization