Jenny Lewis is digging into her history in the video for “She’s Not Me.” No, not her stint as the frontwoman for Rilo Kiley — but her days as a child star, including credits for Troop Beverly Hills, The Wizard and an episode of The Golden Girls.
Those are all among the roles alluded to in the video, which also stars Zosia Mamet, Fred Armisen, Leo Fitzpatrick, Feist and Vanessa Bayer, who gets the honor of donning a Shelley Long-style wig. Also making a cameo: Lewis’s now-famous rainbow suit, of course.
If you want to see what Lewis is riffing on, watch her turn as a Sunshine Cadet in The Golden Girls.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023