Comedian Amy Schumer put the numerous rape allegations against Bill Cosby into perspective in a blistering takedown sketch on her show Inside Amy Schumer.
In the sketch, Schumer defends Cosby in the court of public opinion and faces off against a prosecutor armed with mounds of facts and witness statements. Evidence aside, Schumer wins the support of the judge and jury with distractions like cake and free sweaters. At the end of the day, she argues jokingly, the public should ignore the Cosby allegations because they don’t feel good.
“If convicted, the next time you put on a rerun of The Cosby Show you may wince a little, you might feel a little pang,” she says. “We don’t deserve to feel that pang. We deserve to dance like no one’s watching and watch like no one’s raping.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time