Comedian Amy Schumer put the numerous rape allegations against Bill Cosby into perspective in a blistering takedown sketch on her show Inside Amy Schumer.
In the sketch, Schumer defends Cosby in the court of public opinion and faces off against a prosecutor armed with mounds of facts and witness statements. Evidence aside, Schumer wins the support of the judge and jury with distractions like cake and free sweaters. At the end of the day, she argues jokingly, the public should ignore the Cosby allegations because they don’t feel good.
“If convicted, the next time you put on a rerun of The Cosby Show you may wince a little, you might feel a little pang,” she says. “We don’t deserve to feel that pang. We deserve to dance like no one’s watching and watch like no one’s raping.”
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space