UPDATE: ABC’s head of alternative programming, Robert Mills, tweeted on Tuesday that he would love to have Amy Schumer appear on the next season of The Bachelorette.
EARLIER: Last season on The Bachelor, Jimmy Kimmel stopped by to plan a date to Costco for Chris Soules and Kaitlyn Bristowe. And one season later on The Bachelorette, Kaitlyn has swapped Kimmel for Amy Schumer and Costco for a comedy club.
During Monday night’s Bachelorette, Schumer made the world fall even more in love with her as she helped the guys prepare for a night of stand-up comedy. Specifically, she helped to knock JJ, the house jerk, off his high horse by explaining that his jokes weren’t funny and he’s not smarter than everyone else.
It was that moment—paired with Schumer calling JJ a “turd”—that made Twitter take action. When People rounded up tweets surrounding that moment, there were two prevailing thoughts: Either have Schumer do weekly commentary for the show or have her be the next Bachelorette. (Even Bachelor creator Mike Fleiss got in on the action.)
For more, head over to People.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating