UPDATE: ABC’s head of alternative programming, Robert Mills, tweeted on Tuesday that he would love to have Amy Schumer appear on the next season of The Bachelorette.
EARLIER: Last season on The Bachelor, Jimmy Kimmel stopped by to plan a date to Costco for Chris Soules and Kaitlyn Bristowe. And one season later on The Bachelorette, Kaitlyn has swapped Kimmel for Amy Schumer and Costco for a comedy club.
During Monday night’s Bachelorette, Schumer made the world fall even more in love with her as she helped the guys prepare for a night of stand-up comedy. Specifically, she helped to knock JJ, the house jerk, off his high horse by explaining that his jokes weren’t funny and he’s not smarter than everyone else.
It was that moment—paired with Schumer calling JJ a “turd”—that made Twitter take action. When People rounded up tweets surrounding that moment, there were two prevailing thoughts: Either have Schumer do weekly commentary for the show or have her be the next Bachelorette. (Even Bachelor creator Mike Fleiss got in on the action.)
For more, head over to People.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org