Johnny Utah is back in action.
The first trailer for the upcoming Point Break remake highlights the new twist on the 1991 film, which stars Luke Bracey as FBI Agent Johnny Utah (played by Keanu Reeves in the original film) and Edgar Ramirez as Bodhi (Patrick Swayze in the original).
“Like me, the people behind these robberies are extreme athletes,” Utah says in the trailer, as he describes a group of criminals led by Bodhi. To stop them, he must become one of them.
“I’ve never worked so hard on anything in my life as for the preparation and filming of this movie,” Bracey told The Hollywood Reporter last August, in the midst of the shoot. “I am giving it everything I’ve got. It’s a five-month shoot. I’m going to leave nothing on the path, and when I get to the end of it, I’ve got to be able to look myself in the mirror and know that I gave it everything I’ve got.”
Kurt Wimmer directed the film for Warner Bros., which will release Point Break on Dec. 25.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This