Keira Knightley is a mom!
The Imitation Game actress and her husband, musician James Righton, welcomed their first child, a source confirms to PEOPLE.
Although PEOPLE confirmed her pregnancy in December, the mom-to-be, 30, kept mum on the news, and let her baby belly speak for itself in the weeks leading up to award season.
But after stepping out several times in gowns that kept her bump under wraps, Knightley — who later joked her ‘waist had disappeared‘ — opened up about the perks of pregnancy while walking the Golden Globes red carpet in January.
“Luckily, I don’t have lipstick. I only have nuts in here. It’s the wonderful thing about being pregnant. You just need to make sure you have snacks. So this is a snack bag,” she told Entertainment Tonight of her clutch.
While Knightley and the Klaxons’ keyboardist, 31, opted to keep the sex a delivery surprise, the expectant actress admitted to Ellen DeGeneres that the thought of having a son was frightening.
“Somebody said to me the other day, the problem with boys is — sorry, this is horrible — but when you’re changing their nappies, you can get the wee in your face,” she said during a February appearance.
—Additional reporting by Mary Green
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow