Shaun Palmer of Sunderland, England, surprised his bride Adele at their wedding with an owl ring bearer that flew down the aisle to deliver the rings.
The bird went by Bilbo, the name of the protagonist in The Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkien’s classic novel, and the Lord of the Rings series.
Though incorporating a bird into the ceremony might not be the mark of a traditional wedding, the practice is something of a growing trend in the U.K. where several companies hire out barn owls that have been trained to deliver wedding rings.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy