The British man who was body-shamed online for dancing at a concert finally had his happy ending. Thanks to the Internet, Sean O’Brien, 46, enjoyed the party of a lifetime in Los Angeles on Saturday night, with Moby, Monica Lewinsky, and Andrew WK in attendance, according to Yahoo.
O’Brien’s story went viral in early March after photos of him dancing were posted on an online message board 4chan. “Spotted this specimen trying to dance the other week,” the anonymous user wrote. “He stopped when he saw us laughing.”
The Liverpool financier’s epic party and trip to the States were completely funded through donations totaling over $40,000, and raised with a GoFundMe page.
Moby deejayed the event at Hollywood’s Avalon nightclub, Andrew WK addressed the issues of cyberbullying to the audience.
“One of the worst things that ever happened to Sean turned out to be one of the best things,” Andrew WK said, according to Yahoo.
“Have fun tonight @dancingmanfound @CassandraRules. The whole world is dancing with you #DancingMan #DANCEFREE,” he wrote on Saturday.
Other celebrities like Fresh Prince of Bel-Air actress Tatyana Ali and Lewinsky posed for photos with O’Brien at the glowstick-filled bash.
“This is a once in a lifetime opportunity that I’m going to grasp it with both hands,” O’Brien said, per ABC7.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This