It’s been three days since Josh responded to allegations that he molested five underage girls as a teen. In wake of the reports, Josh’s scheduled appearance at a Christian homeschool convention in Sandusky, Ohio, has been canceled, according to E! Online.
TLC has pulled 19 Kids and Counting from the air but still has full episodes.
The network sparked outrage by running a 19 Kids and Counting marathon on Thursday, the same day that Josh admitted to “wrongdoing” in an exclusive statement to PEOPLE.
On Friday, TLC released a statement saying it was “deeply saddened” and pulled the show off the air. However, the program has not been officially canceled.
This is not the first time the channel has been linked to sexual assault. In October 2014, TLC’s Here Comes Honey Boo Boo was canceled after matriarch June Shannon, 35, was rumored to be dating a convicted sex offender. Shortly after the show’s cancellation, TLC swiftly cut all ties with the family.
Last week, InTouch published police reports revealing the dark allegations from Josh’s past.
In the police report, which PEOPLE has confirmed is in reference to Josh, it appears that Josh’s parents, Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar, knew about the alleged molestations and didn’t go to authorities at first, but rather to fellow church members.
“Twelve years ago, as a young teenager, I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret. I hurt others, including my family and close friends,” Josh said on Thursday before announcing he had resigned from his position at the Family Research Council.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now