Millions of Americans were under the threat of flash floods this Memorial Day weekend as heavy rain was forecast for waterlogged parts of Texas, Arkansas and the southern Plains.
Thunderstorms in the Midwest, Plains, Texas threatened to bring hail, wind and even isolated tornadoes on Saturday and Sunday, the Weather Channel said.
Average rainfall of up to 3 inches is possible over the next week in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and parts of Louisiana and Arkansas, with high spots of 5 inches more possible.
“Additional flash flooding is likely with already saturated grounds and creeks, streams and rivers at bank…
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com