Fans aren’t the only ones upset about news that Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen won’t appear in Netflix’s forthcoming Fuller House. On Twitter, star John Stamos wrote that he was “#heartbroken” over the news.
“I understand they’re in a different place and I wish them the best,” Stamos added in a subsequent tweet. “I promise you will not be dissapointed [sic] with our reunion and spin off!!”
After retweeting another article on the news – as well as a fan who wrote, “respectfully, do they realize they wouldn’t have a career if not for that show?” – Stamos posted some further thoughts to his Facebook page.
“Just so you reporters know – this is not a money gig for any of us. Quite the opposite. We want to give the fans what they deserve for supporting us for so many years,” Stamos wrote. “We all just want to have fun – do it in a classy way on Netflix and have a good time. Sad that a few don’t share the rest of the cast’s opinion – I can only wish them the best.”
After the Full House revival was announced, both Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen told Women’s World Daily they had not heard about the series’ return from their former co-stars. “I’m shocked I haven’t heard from John [Stamos],” Mary-Kate Olsen said.
In the days that followed the interview, Stamos tweeted that Olsen’s claim was “bulls–t.” (Stamos’ tweet has since been deleted.) But Stamos later wrote that he and Mary-Kate had a “sweet talk” to presumably clear the air.
Confirmation that Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen would not appear on Fuller House was given on Friday by show executive producer Robert L. Boyett.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart