In the new photos for Netflix’s Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp, all your favorite Camp Firewood counselors look fresh-faced, eager to take on the summer, and, well, older. Time is an abstract concept in the Netflix series, a prequel to Michael Showalter and David Wain’s 2001 movie, which took place on the last day of camp.
The movie’s original stars are back for the eight episodes. So you’ll see Amy Poehler and Bradley Cooper’s musical theater enthusiasts Susie and Ben sharing a keyboard, Christopher Meloni’s nutty Gene doing the splits with a precariously placed knife, Paul Rudd’s jerk Andy massaging Marguerite Moreau’s Katie, and more familiar—if more mature—faces.
The series debuts on July 31.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022