Olive Garden just released a 60-second ad that tugs at the heartstrings and celebrates family.
The spot, produced by Grey New York, features families singing together, reuniting after years apart and other touching moments captured in low-definition that suggests authenticity. There aren’t any cheesy food-shot clips, as noted by Adweek, which first reported on the new commercial’s release. Throughout the minute-long ad a sweet tone is set as a young girl and an older family member sing and play the song “Home” by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.
“In our latest commercial, Olive Garden celebrates family–whether traditional, blended and extended, neighbors, co-workers or friends. It’s family that supports us, cheers us on, and grounds us in what truly matters,” according to the restaurant chain on YouTube. “That’s why at Olive Garden, we’re all family here.” The ad marks a departure from Olive Garden’s past ads and fits in more closely with with their tagline: “We’re all family here,” which Adweek said its used since 2013.
Olive Garden is owned by Darden Restaurants, which posted higher sales and solid earnings in its latest financial quarter. In fact, the company said Olive Garden celebrated same-store sales up 2.2% boost and growth for the second consecutive quarter for the first time since 2010, according to CNN Money.
Olive Garden made headlines recently with a new item on its men: a breadstick sandwich.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive