Playboy will show some skin — but only some — in a new mobile app that will display a PG-13 rated blend of light reading, interviews and listicles.
The new app, Playboy Now, is targeted at a growing mobile readership, who comprise roughly 80% of the 19 million unique visitors to Playboy.com each month, USA Today reports. The app will repackage content from the website for touchscreens and, crucially, strip out nude images that might not be appropriate for reading on the go.
“We want to give them the best experience possible when they are out and about,” Phillip Morelock, Playboy senior vice president told USA Today.
- Amanda Gorman on the Greatest Lesson She’s Learned This Year
- What Actually Worries U.S. Doctors About Omicron
- Reuniting Families Separated Under Trump Is Expensive. Should the U.S. Government Pay?
- The 10 Best Movies of 2021
- America's Foster Care System Is a Dangerous Place for Trans Teens. Now They're Fighting for Change
- Stressed About Going Back to the Office? Here Are 8 Ways to Make It Easier
- What to Know About Digital World, the Company Funding Trump's New Social Media Platform 'TRUTH Social'