Reality-television star Josh Duggar, the eldest son in TLC’s 19 Kids and Counting, resigned from Christian lobbying group the Family Research Council (FRC) on Thursday in the wake of serious child-molestation allegations.
“Today Josh Duggar made the decision to resign his position as a result of previously unknown information becoming public concerning events that occurred during his teenage years,” the FRC said in a statement, reports PEOPLE.
“I deeply regret that recent media reports about my long ago past has brought negative attention to FRC Action and its work to preserve and advance the interests of family, faith, and freedom in the political arena,” said Duggar.
Lights, Camera, Infraction: 12 Memorable Celebrity Mugshots
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com