Google is rolling out some new improvements to Maps in time for the traffic-heavy Memorial Day weekend. Users will be able to get more details about traffic conditions after entering a route.
For example, Maps might inform you that you are approaching construction and give an estimate for how long you might be stuck in a traffic jam. If the route is all clear, Maps will tell you that too. The app already helped users find alternate routes when dealing with heavy traffic, but it will be clearer in explaining why an alternate route is faster and the kind of incident you’ll be avoiding by following it.
Google also revealed the top trending search terms from last year’s Memorial Day weekend to give a sense of the most popular activities during the holiday. Beaches were unsurprisingly led the list of locations, followed by cemeteries and restaurants.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization