Taylor Swift’s “Bad Blood” garnered 20.1 million views in just 24 hours, setting a new Vevo record.
The action-packed music video, guest-starring A-list talent (Cindy Crawford, Ellen Pompeo, and Mariska Hargitay, among others), dropped at the Billboard Music Awards Sunday following much social media hype.
Vevo noted in a release that Swift’s collection of videos, which include hits like “You Belong With Me,” “Shake It Off,” and “Mean,” currently stand at 5 billion total views.
Nicki Minaj formerly held the title for “Anaconda” back in August 2014 with 19.6 million views.
Swift took to her official Twitter account to share the news, sending out a special thank you to those involved. The accomplishment comes just days after the singer swept the Billboard Music Awards, walking away with eight trophies including Top Female Artist.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This