Taylor Swift’s “Bad Blood” garnered 20.1 million views in just 24 hours, setting a new Vevo record.
The action-packed music video, guest-starring A-list talent (Cindy Crawford, Ellen Pompeo, and Mariska Hargitay, among others), dropped at the Billboard Music Awards Sunday following much social media hype.
Vevo noted in a release that Swift’s collection of videos, which include hits like “You Belong With Me,” “Shake It Off,” and “Mean,” currently stand at 5 billion total views.
Nicki Minaj formerly held the title for “Anaconda” back in August 2014 with 19.6 million views.
Swift took to her official Twitter account to share the news, sending out a special thank you to those involved. The accomplishment comes just days after the singer swept the Billboard Music Awards, walking away with eight trophies including Top Female Artist.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow