Yahoo! Tech reports that Unicode Consortium, the elite Mountain View, Calif. group that develops emojis, could soon approve 38 new ones that would debut in June 2016 as part of the Unicode 9.0 update. The Unicode 8.0 update released earlier this year featured much-anticipated racially diverse emojis.
Examples of upcoming emojis reportedly include illustrations of a selfie, an avocado, bacon, a potato, a shark, an owl, a black heart, a drooling face, a pregnant woman and the musician Prince.
The complete list of emojis that the consortium may approve in the near future is on Yahoo! Tech’s website.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer