On David Letterman’s final episode of Late Show Wednesday night, the TV legend took the opportunity to wish good luck to his replacement. Letterman, who is retiring after a late-night career spanning three-and-a-half decades, will be handing the reins over to Stephen Colbert, the comedian, writer and former host of Comedy Central’s The Colbert Report.
Letterman said he was “very excited” to see Colbert host the show, telling viewers: “I wish Stephen and his staff and crew nothing but the greatest success.”
Watch it below.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time