Not happy with the stainless steel Milanese loop band you picked out when you ordered your Apple Watch?
Well, fret no more, as Apple will start selling individual bands for the watch later this week, according to a memo sent to stores and obtained by Apple blog 9to5Mac. Most of the bands in stock will be the watch’s rubber-looking Sports Band, the message said.
When ordering an Apple Watch, customers can choose from six band styles, and some of them, like the Sport Band and Leather Loop, are available in multiple colors.
The stocks of spare bands will mostly be for customers who want to swap the band that came with their watch. Some of the stock will also go to replace worn-out bands from the store watches that customers try on when shopping. And lastly, a small portion of the inventory will be available for customers wishing to purchase an additional band to swap depending on their mood.
Magsafe chargers for the watch have been available in stores in the past few weeks. Apple CEO Tim Cook has reportedly told employees that stores would get more watches to “by June.” Since going on sale, they’ve been mostly available via delivery. The timing makes it more likely that watch bands would also appear in stores soon.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy