Runners of the world, Spotify has got the update for you. The popular music streaming app is adding a special mode for running that plays music that syncs up to the pace of your run, along with a slew of other new features.
The feature works like this: you start the running mode, and then you start running. Using the technology already in your phone, Spotify figures out how fast you’re going and picks music where the beats-per-minute matches up. You can choose to either have music selected based on what you’ve listened to before, use a multi-genre playlist or hear new tracks made by DJs specifically for running.
So if you’re just going for a pleasant jog, we’d imagine you might get something mid-tempo, like Mumford and Sons. Run a little faster and maybe some Jay-Z will hit you. If you’re really going all out, it would make sense that Spotify would play some gnarly fast, double-bass driven thrash metal, like Slayer.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization