For Nintendo lovers, Bowser is the ultimate baddie, the fire-breathing lizard king that has absconded with Princess Peach since the 1980s. For some Nintendo employees, Bowser is now their boss. And not a video game boss.
Nintendo of America announced today that it had hired Doug Bowser as VP of sales. Before joining Nintendo, Bowser worked at Electronic Arts.
It has been a bust few months for Nintendo, a one-time video game leader that had had a tough few years, marked by disappointing sales of its WiiU console. In March the company announced it was finally ready to embrace mobile games, meaning Mario and friends could be on your iPhone soon.
You can read the full press release here.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022