A Georgia middle school teacher was arrested Tuesday following allegations that he arranged times for students to have sex in a closet in his classroom.
Quinton Wright, a 25-year-old math teacher at The Champion School in Stone Mountain, has been charged with four misdemeanor counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, WSB-TV in Atlanta reports.
Wright arranged times for students to use his classroom closet and provided them with condoms, according to an arrest warrant. It was first discovered by a mother of an eighth-grader who said she found texts messages between Wright and her 14-year-old son on the child’s phone, WSB-TV reports.
“It’s very sickening and disheartening, because we trust administrators and educators when we drop our kids off at school,” the mother said.
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023