Hate lugging your MacBook electrical cord around with you? A portable MacBook charger might be the answer.
Voltus is a palm-sized battery that charges Apple’s new 12-inch MacBook as fast as a wall charger, according to the device’s Kickstarter campaign, which started Tuesday. The device connects to the laptop’s new USB-C port, which allows faster data transfer speeds and charging than the older style USB port.
Voltus says it will power a MacBook for up to 9 hours, while a Voltus Pro will power the computer for up to 13 hours. The mobile power source can also charge two other USB devices simultaneously, from iPhones to cameras to printers.
Voltus is available for pre-orders starting at $149, with the first devices expected to be shipped by August.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time