Hate lugging your MacBook electrical cord around with you? A portable MacBook charger might be the answer.
Voltus is a palm-sized battery that charges Apple’s new 12-inch MacBook as fast as a wall charger, according to the device’s Kickstarter campaign, which started Tuesday. The device connects to the laptop’s new USB-C port, which allows faster data transfer speeds and charging than the older style USB port.
Voltus says it will power a MacBook for up to 9 hours, while a Voltus Pro will power the computer for up to 13 hours. The mobile power source can also charge two other USB devices simultaneously, from iPhones to cameras to printers.
Voltus is available for pre-orders starting at $149, with the first devices expected to be shipped by August.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve