In Mad Men‘s first episode Joan tells Peggy, “now, try not to be overwhelmed by all this technology” while unveiling a typewriter. Even though Mad Men is now over, Christina Hendricks is still doling out technological wisdom alongside Elmo for Sesame Street.
Maybe Mad Men is just on the brain, but the show’s DNA is all over the clip. “If I need to record myself playing the ukelele, this is the tool of choice: the tablet,” Hendricks says. Doesn’t she doesn’t mean the accordion?
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating