Peter Dinklage can do more than fight, hide and rule—he can also sing. He joined forces with Coldplay for a Game of Thrones musical interlude, complete with backup singers and a standing microphone, in which he lists all the characters that died before him and croons about how he’s still around.
The video is a promotion for NBC’s Red Nose Day, a daylong fundraising event featuring performances by celebrities like Julianne Moore, Benedict Cumberbatch, Paul Rudd, Gwyneth Paltrow, Elizabeth Banks, John Legend and many more. Other Game of Thrones cast members, including Kit Harington and Emilia Clarke, are scheduled to attend the charity event.
Red Nose Day has been a tradition in the U.K. for 30 years, and is now the No. 1 television fundraising event in the country. The May 21st broadcast on NBC marks the first time Red Nose Day has come to the U.S. Funds raised through Red Nose Day are distributed to domestic and international charities that address immediate needs for children and young people living in poverty.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating