The good news is, they’re no longer trapped by giant, mechanical walls locking them inside the center of a massive maze.
The bad news is … they’re no longer protected by those giant, mechanical walls either.
In the first trailer for The Scorch Trials, the sequel to last year’s blockbuster YA adaptation The Maze Runner, Dylan O’Brien’s Thomas is still trying to figure out his place in the world, but he and his fellow survivors of the maze are also discovering that world is a blighted, desperate place.
Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials opens Sept. 18. Watch the trailer above and check back as EW dives deeper into this adaptation of James Dashner’s 2010 novel.
More to come …
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.