The good news is, they’re no longer trapped by giant, mechanical walls locking them inside the center of a massive maze.
The bad news is … they’re no longer protected by those giant, mechanical walls either.
In the first trailer for The Scorch Trials, the sequel to last year’s blockbuster YA adaptation The Maze Runner, Dylan O’Brien’s Thomas is still trying to figure out his place in the world, but he and his fellow survivors of the maze are also discovering that world is a blighted, desperate place.
Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials opens Sept. 18. Watch the trailer above and check back as EW dives deeper into this adaptation of James Dashner’s 2010 novel.
More to come …
This article originally appeared on EW.com.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space