Peter Pan is all about how the Darling children travel to and explore Neverland. Pan is all about how Peter did the same.
In the first trailer, we met Peter as a kind of Oliver Twist, plucked from an orphanage to work Neverland’s mines for Blackbeard (played by Hugh Jackman). The new trailer, released today, focuses more on his friendship and adventures with Hook (Garrett Hedlund), though no hints yet as to how they must have fallen out to become enemies.
Joe Wright (who also directed Atonement and Pride and Prejudice) brings a lavish look to the film, with beautiful renderings of flying ships, spooky mermaid scenes (featuring Cara Delevingne) and bold acrobatics for Tiger Lily’s tribe (the warrior is controversially played by Rooney Mara; critics would have preferred a Native American actress).
Pan opens in theaters Oct. 9.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption