Tom Hanks stopped by the Late Show with David Letterman on Monday night and did something you’d expect from a tourist or a Kardashian. He took a selfie using a selfie stick.
“Rita announced when these first came out that we would never ever have a selfie stick in the house,” Hanks said of his wife, actress Rita Wilson. “But they sell these selfies all over Florence, which was the birthplace of the Renaissance.”
Hanks suggested Letterman, whose last show airs on May 20, purchase a selfie stick for his retirement vacation. “When you, in a couple weeks, head down to — I’m just going to guess what you’re going to be up to — Space Camp, take one of these bad boys with you.”
Letterman, though initially apprehensive about the contraption, was impressed by the end result. “It’s almost as if someone else has taken the picture for you,” he said.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer