Kids often say the darnedest things, but other times they act in the most humane fashion.
At a Waffle House in Prattville, Ala., 5-year-old Josiah Duncan shocked fellow customers after he asked his mother to help a destitute man who walked into the eatery and was being ignored.
As the visibly impoverished customer waited, Duncan begged his mother to buy the man a meal after learning that he was likely homeless.
“He came in and sat down, and nobody really waited on him,” Ava Faulk, the boy’s mother, told local news outlet WSFA. “So Josiah jumped up and asked him if he needed a menu because you can’t order without one.”
After ordering a burger topped with bacon, the child insisted on saying a prayer before breaking bread with the homeless patron, eliciting tears from fellow customers.
“Watching my son touch the 11 people in that Waffle House tonight will be forever one of the greatest accomplishments as a parent I’ll ever get to witness,” said Faulk.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World