Despite his parents and out-there music, and general eccentricities, Jaden Smith is a normal 16-year-old high school kid who does high school things. Like go to prom. Prom is a normal high school activity—a rite, even. But doing it in the normal black tux way would have been antithetical to his being. Instead, he went superhero, not stag, and fortunately for all of us, there’s proof.
First: just a cape and some boots. No big. That’s gotta be typical enough and could justifiably been taken outside the one-week period before/after Halloween where wearing costumes is accepted by society.
But then there’s the armor, akin to what 8-year-olds dressed as Batman sport. Good thing he’s not rocking a mas—
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma