B.B. King’s family has announced memorial and funeral service plans following the blues musician’s death last Thursday, USA Today reports. King’s memorial service will be held this Saturday in Las Vegas, according to a Facebook post his daughter Claudette made over the weekend.
According to details provided to The (Jackson) Clarion-Ledger by B.B. King Museum Executive Director Dion Brown, Las Vegas’ Palm South Jones Mortuary will hold a public viewing of King from 3 to 7 p.m. Friday. Family and close friends will attend a private memorial service Saturday morning at 9:30, before a public service at 11 a.m.
Though details for King’s funeral and burial have not been finalized, his attorney has indicated King will likely be returned to Indianola, a Mississippi town less than 20 miles from his birthplace of Berclair where he picked cotton as a boy.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This