B.B. King’s family has announced memorial and funeral service plans following the blues musician’s death last Thursday, USA Today reports. King’s memorial service will be held this Saturday in Las Vegas, according to a Facebook post his daughter Claudette made over the weekend.
According to details provided to The (Jackson) Clarion-Ledger by B.B. King Museum Executive Director Dion Brown, Las Vegas’ Palm South Jones Mortuary will hold a public viewing of King from 3 to 7 p.m. Friday. Family and close friends will attend a private memorial service Saturday morning at 9:30, before a public service at 11 a.m.
Though details for King’s funeral and burial have not been finalized, his attorney has indicated King will likely be returned to Indianola, a Mississippi town less than 20 miles from his birthplace of Berclair where he picked cotton as a boy.
- Inside the Death of a Rural Daycare
- Exclusive: Inside Ukraine’s Secret Effort to Train Pilots for U.S. Fighter Jets
- TIME’s First Interview in the Metaverse: How a Filmmaker Made a Movie and Fell in Love in VR
- How The Inflation Reduction Act Will Spur a New Climate Tech Ecosystem
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- Social Media Companies Like TikTok Hope to Fight Election Misinformation. Experts Say Their Plans Aren’t Enough
- How I Got My Students to Stop Staring at Screens
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma