He might be muted, but his message still carries across.
Kanye West performed new song “All Day” and 2013 song “Black Skinhead” at the Billboard Music Awards, in a performance quite literally muted by several significant cuts away on audio, as the artist danced in silhouette in front of pyrotechnic effects. This didn’t seem to mute audience enthusiasm; West is, even when performing a two-year-old single to close an awards ceremony putatively about new music, the biggest star in the room.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time