As the series finale of Mad Men got underway Sunday night, the show’s fans took to Twitter to offer Don, Peggy, Joan and the rest of the family a proper send-off. And more than a few of them had a tiny little something in their eyes:
Celebrities joined Twitter’s mere mortals to lament the end of the show’s run:
Less than 20 minutes into the show, fans weren’t the only ones shedding tears. During a tense phone call between Don and Betty, emotions ran high:
And the Twitterverse shed another thousand tears.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk