B.B. King died after having a series of mini strokes stemming from his type 2 diabetes, the Associated Press reports.
The musician’s physician, Dr. Darin Brimhall, and Clark County Coroner John Fudenberg told the AP that King’s cause of death was multi-infarct dementia—also known as vascular dementia—a condition caused by a series of small strokes.
Brimhall attributed King’s strokes to the 89-year-old musician’s chronic diabetes, which caused reduced blood flow.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears