Hot off the heels of the cruffin, the newest hybrid has hit the food world, just in time for lobster roll season.
Meet the lobster dowich: lobster salad smushed between two buttery brioche doughnuts to make a doughnut sandwich. The new savory-sweet treat is a creation from Kane’s Handcrafted in Boston, reports Boston.com (and it’s also available in braised beef).
“Brioche-based doughs make a wonderful vehicle for sandwiches,” said Kane’s Handcrafted president and co-owner Paul Delios to Forbes. “People use Challah bread and other baked sweet breads in sandwiches, so why not a doughnut?”
And you thought lobsters were only good dipped in straight butter.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time