Unless you have been living in some sort of pop culture blackout (and definitely not reading your Entertainment Weekly), you know that Pitch Perfect 2 is coming out this weekend. The sequel finds the Bellas graduating college and introduces some new faces, including Hailee Steinfeld’s Emily Junk, to the group.
But could the franchise ever expand to spin-off movies, like for Rebel Wilson’s Fat Amy? The actress says she’s down for it. “There’s always the Fat Amy origin story, which could be really funny,” says Wilson. “There was also my backstory in the first movie that never made it on screen. The reason that Amy came to Barden University in the first place was that she was on a football scholarship, like she could kick really well.”
Pitch Perfect 2 is out now.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.