In this week’s episode of Mad Genius Tips, F&W Test Kitchen wizard Justin Chapple demos an easy, DIY way to make spiral hot dogs. If this knowledge has you wondering about other ways to customize and accessorize your hot dog, you might be intrigued to learn of these five oddball tools.
2. The Ham Dogger
Burger or dog? You don’t have to choose—this tool makes hot dog-shaped patties of ground meat.
3. Rome Drink Holder with Hot Dog Fork Support
This camper’s helper will hold your hot dog over an open flame and cradle your beverage within easy reach.
4. The Corn Dog Maker
Skip the trip to 7-Eleven. This appliance allows you to bake healthier, mess-free corn dogs in the comfort of your own home. Bonus: It makes other nutritionally horrifying carnival foods like Snickers on a stick.
5. Novelty Gun Condiment Dispenser
This gadget dispenses both ketchup and mustard from a double-barreled toy gun. You might be tempted to buy two for your next cookout, but keep in mind that it’s all fun and games until someone gets a crazy bill from the dry cleaner.
More from Food & Wine:
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time