A man was detained Thursday afternoon for allegedly attempting to fly a drone over the White House fence.
The unnamed person was held by the Secret Service, CNN reports, and a portion of the White House was briefly placed on lockdown.
President Obama is currently out of the White House at Camp David.
The incident comes just months after a quadcopter drone crashed into the White House lawn, causing a lockdown.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating