Product placement is the norm for big-budget pop videos these days, but Hilary Duff’s new video for “Sparks” takes the concept to a whole new level — it’s pretty much one giant ad for Tinder. Duff’s adventures with the dating app have been covered widely, and now we know why she’s been so open about this part of her personal life (and why she’s been bringing camera crews along with those dates).
It’s almost a shame, though, because the real sparks fly when the Younger star shows off her dance moves. If Tinder is the price of admission for some flashy Hilary Duff choreography, so be it. But an alternate version with the singer putting her pop-star bona fides center-stage? Now that’s something to swipe right for.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time