Product placement is the norm for big-budget pop videos these days, but Hilary Duff’s new video for “Sparks” takes the concept to a whole new level — it’s pretty much one giant ad for Tinder. Duff’s adventures with the dating app have been covered widely, and now we know why she’s been so open about this part of her personal life (and why she’s been bringing camera crews along with those dates).
It’s almost a shame, though, because the real sparks fly when the Younger star shows off her dance moves. If Tinder is the price of admission for some flashy Hilary Duff choreography, so be it. But an alternate version with the singer putting her pop-star bona fides center-stage? Now that’s something to swipe right for.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was