Product placement is the norm for big-budget pop videos these days, but Hilary Duff’s new video for “Sparks” takes the concept to a whole new level — it’s pretty much one giant ad for Tinder. Duff’s adventures with the dating app have been covered widely, and now we know why she’s been so open about this part of her personal life (and why she’s been bringing camera crews along with those dates).
It’s almost a shame, though, because the real sparks fly when the Younger star shows off her dance moves. If Tinder is the price of admission for some flashy Hilary Duff choreography, so be it. But an alternate version with the singer putting her pop-star bona fides center-stage? Now that’s something to swipe right for.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023