The hit a cappella-themed teen drama Pitch Perfect pitted the “Treblemakers” against the “Barden Bellas” in an epic sing-off. These might be fictional groups, but their names would fit right in on the roster of pun-heavy collegiate vocal ensembles. In honor of Pitch Perfect 2‘s release on Friday, we wrote a program to generate as many of these perfect names as possible.
If your group shows up in here, we promise we didn’t steal it! All 100+ names in the feature were generated by algorithmically combining musical terms with the names of movies, books, songs and TV shows. The computer’s output of 600 potential names was heavily censored for stupidity and lightly edited for legibility.
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.