The highly-anticipated trailer for CBS’ forthcoming Supergirl series has arrived, and television has a new superhero in Kara Zor-El, played by Glee alumna Melissa Benoist.
Superman’s Kryptonian cousin Kara, who goes by the name Kara Danvers on Earth, has hidden her powers for decades, choosing instead to blend in as an assistant to a high-powered business executive played by Calista Flockhart. When a crisis strikes her city, Kara must decide whether to brush off the old cape and embrace her true identity. Which, of course, she does—and in Clark Kent glasses, to boot.
Supergirl is set to debut in November.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time