The highly-anticipated trailer for CBS’ forthcoming Supergirl series has arrived, and television has a new superhero in Kara Zor-El, played by Glee alumna Melissa Benoist.
Superman’s Kryptonian cousin Kara, who goes by the name Kara Danvers on Earth, has hidden her powers for decades, choosing instead to blend in as an assistant to a high-powered business executive played by Calista Flockhart. When a crisis strikes her city, Kara must decide whether to brush off the old cape and embrace her true identity. Which, of course, she does—and in Clark Kent glasses, to boot.
Supergirl is set to debut in November.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement