HelloFlo’s previous ads have included a hilarious clip capturing the awkwardness of puberty and another about the horrors of new motherhood. Now, the women’s health company and period supply service is back with a new video — and this one introduces us to the legend of the Period Fairy.
The two-minute advertisement stars a young girl named Lillian who’s on a quest to find the mysterious Period Fairy. She conducts interviews with the Period Fairy’s former colleague (the Tooth Fairy), rival (Santa Claus) and ex-boyfriend (Cupid).
“I really wanted to play with the idea of a female superhero who helped girls with their first period,” HelloFlo founder and CEO Naama Bloom told AdWeek. “To me, this spot is very different from the others because it’s not one punch line after another. It’s funny but also very sweet and more endearing than the others.”
Oh, and the ad also introduces a great new word: vagical.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time