HelloFlo’s previous ads have included a hilarious clip capturing the awkwardness of puberty and another about the horrors of new motherhood. Now, the women’s health company and period supply service is back with a new video — and this one introduces us to the legend of the Period Fairy.
The two-minute advertisement stars a young girl named Lillian who’s on a quest to find the mysterious Period Fairy. She conducts interviews with the Period Fairy’s former colleague (the Tooth Fairy), rival (Santa Claus) and ex-boyfriend (Cupid).
“I really wanted to play with the idea of a female superhero who helped girls with their first period,” HelloFlo founder and CEO Naama Bloom told AdWeek. “To me, this spot is very different from the others because it’s not one punch line after another. It’s funny but also very sweet and more endearing than the others.”
Oh, and the ad also introduces a great new word: vagical.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer