Actor Tom Hardy says he’s lucky to be alive.
The Mad Max: Fury Road star admitted in a recent interview with Essentials magazine that his drug problem during his 20s had gotten so bad that he would have given up a family member for some. “I would have sold my mom for a rock of crack,” Hardy said. “I am fu-king lucky to be here.”
The 37-year-old actor said he was a “shameful suburban statistic,” struggling with alcohol and drugs before sobering up in 2003. “I was told very clearly, ‘you go down that road, Tom, you won’t come back. That’s it. All you need to know.'”
Hardy, who played Bane in the The Dark Knight Rises, plays Max Rockatansky in the Mad Max flick that hits theaters on Friday.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time